With the trailer nearing completion it was time to permanently instal the lights and accessories and reattach the fenders.
First of all the stabilizer jacks were installed in the rear. I mounted them to existing holes in the trailer frame.
The fantastic vent was installed with butyl tape to seal it form the elements. I then filed the screw holes with white 3M 4000 and tightened it down a bit but not all the way so the butyl tape would get seated correctly. After an hour I came back and fully tightened the screws.
The fan after the trim ring was installed.
I attached the hatch hurricane hinge with butyl tape under the top flange on the body side and black 3M 4000 UV under the flanges on the hatch sides. I then sealed the screw heads with more 3M 4000. The screws were spaced 6″ apart to even the pressure distribution. Between the weight of the hatch and the 130# gas struts I had to make sure the hatch was secured correctly.
Similar to how the fan was installed I went about installing the skylight window. Butyl tape was used to seal it from leaks.
After the inside trim ring was installed I scraped off the excess butyl tape and ran a bead of black 3M 4000 around the edge on the outside.
To hide a few of my exposed grooves in the cabinetry I made plugs which matched the end grain and installed them with some Titebond III wood glue.
The cabinets have a 1/4″ lip around the face frames which helps keep items stored inside the cabinets from falling out when the trailer is moving. I installed spacers to mount the cabinet catches so they were flush with the face frames.
I installed all the brushed nickel cabinet pulls in all the drawers and cabinets.
Next up was to install the doors. They were fairly easy and only required installing the inside trim ring. The inside of the door has weather stripping and when compressed by the trim ring created a nice weather proof seal with the trailer.
Next up were the lights. I used waterproof heat shrink butt connectors which I had to crimp and will provide a good connection.
The wires were hidden inside a small wall cavity behind the fixtures or behind the fixtures themselves i there was room. All butt splices will be accessible down the road if I need to get to them.
The electrical compartment almost complete. I had to connect the bullet connectors from the galley hatch umbilical and then push them up into the hidden splice cavity above the compartment.
I ordered a queen size HD foam mattress online. It was a bit too large so using a straight edge and an electrical carving knife I trimmed off a couple inches on end and one off the sides. When finished the mattress fit snugly inside the cabin.
THe last thing to do was attach the license plate and we are good to go!