With the outside okoume skins fully installed I finished up the final tasks and trim on the edges of the hatch.
I used a 1/8″ round-over bit with my router to smooth the edges of the trailer. This will help with the epoxy later as it ensures a good bond.
Here is the okoume trim being installed on the lower part of the galley hatch.
I also used okoume to trim the edges of the galley and across the bottom to cover the last bit of plywood and poplar in the deck.
With the hach installed I could finally trim the edges.
For good measure I used a flush trim bit across the bottom of the trailer. Here you can see that the epoxy was installed on he inside bottom of the wall to protect it from the bare trailer rail and from any water that might find its way up between the small gap.
Here is the final fit of the hatch with the wall. There is a small gap that was left to install weather stripping and act a bit as a bumper.