The cabinets are held together with only the tongue and groove joints and a few braces and clamps. One good thing about getting them completely assembled was that it allowed me to spot a couple places where I will need to spend some time getting everything flush with the mortise in the walls.
Making sure everything is square as possible. Although it took a bit longer, it was good to the pieces beforehand.
Later on the headliner will be draped over the cabinets and fit snugly between the walls on the shelf created by the wall mortises.
I cut the tracks for the sliding doors on the table saw was as well as the doors themselves which are 1/8″ birch left over from the skin. After I cut the tracks to the width of the table saw blade I ran some sandpaper through the tracks to smooth them out so the doors would slide effortlessly.
I started attaching the hinges to make sure everything is square before permanently assembling the cabinets with Titebond III wood glue.
Removed all the hinges and labelled them so I don’t get them mixed up on final assembly.
I disassembled the cabinets and did a quick sand of the pieces before final assembly.
Here are all the 72 pieces of my cabinets sanded and ready for final assembly.